HEINEKEN USA Puts a Spotlight on Responsible Consumption During Alcohol Awareness Month
SOURCE: HEINEKEN USADESCRIPTION:
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., April 4, 2017 /3BL Media/ – In support of Alcohol Awareness Month, HEINEKEN USA (headquartered in White Plains, NY) announced today various programs and initiatives that promote responsible drinking and moderate alcohol consumption.
Every April since 1987, the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. (NCADD) has sponsored Alcohol Awareness Month to increase public awareness and understanding, reduce stigma, and encourage local communities to focus on alcoholism and alcohol-related issues.
Heineken® is an industry leader in this space and was the first brand to include responsibility messaging on its packaging. HEINEKEN USA is continuing this commitment with the following initiatives:
- Guiding adults on how to talk to teens about alcohol: In partnership with the Health Alliance on Alcohol (HAA), HEINEKEN USA has several resources to provide parents, mentors and community leaders with a set of tools to engage teens in honest, fact-based conversations around alcohol and its effects. For additional information, see http://healthallianceonalcohol.com/
- The Alliance for Safe Kids (ASK), one of HAA’s community partners, will host a ‘Save a Life’ event on April 2, 2017 in Yorktown, NY, with Dr. Karen Soren sitting on a panel discussion on the dangers and consequences of underage drinking: http://allianceforsafekids.org/savealife/
- HAA, in partnership with The Institute for Equity and Excellence in Public Education (@IEEPE), is hosting a Twitter Chat on April 5, 2017 at 1pm on youth alcohol, substance abuse, and student outcomes.
- Ahead of prom and graduation season and in partnership with the HAA, White Plains Hospital is presenting at Alexander Hamilton Jr./Sr. High School’s (Elmsford, NY) Parent Coffee Hour. Dr. Erik Larsen, Assistant Director of EMS & Emergency Preparedness at White Plains Hospital, will cover the emotional and physical effects of underage alcohol use. Dr. Larsen will also provide tips to the parents on how to initiate conversations about making smart and responsible decisions concerning alcohol use.
- Looking for ways to encourage responsible drinking choices: In partnership with The City College of New York’s Branding + Integrated Communications Master of Professional Studies (MPS) program, HEINEKEN USA is currently working with graduate students to explore creative ways to encourage responsible drinking choices.
- Hosting a documentary screening and discussion for employees: HEINEKEN USA will host an employee lunch & learn, where it will present a documentary on alcohol misuse that will prompt discussions around the importance of moderate alcohol consumption.
“HEINEKEN USA takes responsibility very seriously and we’re committed to encouraging moderation every day of the year, not just during Alcohol Awareness Month,” said Tara Rush, Senior Vice President & Chief Corporate Relations Officer at HEINEKEN USA. “HEINEKEN USA encourages individuals 21 and older to always drink responsibly no matter the occasion. Excessive consumption can never be part of a sustainable future for our company or our industry.”
Globally, HEINEKEN also recently became a global partner of Formula 1®, the world’s most prestigious motor racing competition and most popular annual sporting series. At the core of this new partnership is a very bold and clearly articulated responsibility message: “When you drive, never drink.” The Formula 1® global platform will provide HEINEKEN with even greater opportunities, globally and locally, to drive positive change.
HEINEKEN’s commitment to community and responsible citizens comes to life through its Brewing a Better World platform, which is geared at: reducing CO2 emissions, protecting water resources, sourcing sustainably, advocating for responsible consumption, growing with communities, and promoting health and safety.
About HEINEKEN USA
HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of HEINEKEN International NV, the world's most international brewer. Key brands imported into the U.S. are Heineken®, the world's most international beer brand, the Dos Equis Franchise, the Tecate Franchise and Strongbow Hard Apple Ciders. HEINEKEN USA also imports Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca, Red Stripe and Bohemia brands. For the latest information on our company and brands, follow us on Twitter @HeinekenUSACorp, or visit HEINEKENUSA.com.
KEYWORDS: Events, Media & Communications, HEINEKEN USA, alcohol awareness month