Altera to Exhibit FPGA and SoC Solutions for Industry 4.0 and IoT at SPS IPC Drives 2015
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) is demonstrating industrial solutions based on its Altera® Cyclone® V and MAX® 10 field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and SoCs at the SPS IPC Drives conference in Nuremberg, Germany, from November 24 to 26, (Hall 3, Stand 270). Visitors to the Altera stand will discover the cost and performance advantages that Altera's latest solutions for Industry 4.0 and IoT bring to their next-generation industrial electronic systems designs.
Altera will showcase a working Smart Factory for Industry 4.0, enabled by the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and powered by Altera Cyclone V SoCs. In this demonstration developed by Exor International, multiple single-chip high-end programmable logic controllers (PLCs) are linked via a variety of real-time Industrial Ethernet interfaces and Time Sensitive Network (802.1 TSN) IP from TTTech, communicating securely with the enterprise over OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA), an industrial M2M communication protocol for interoperability developed by the OPC Foundation.
Other in-booth demos include:
- High-availability redundant Ethernet--Demonstration of seamless redundancy in an Altera FPGA and triple-speed Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 switch, with high-availability seamless redundancy (HSR) and parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) IP developed by Flexibilis
- High-productivity design flows for SoC--From C/C++ or Simulink models and using model-based and software-based tool flows from Altera and MathWorks, this demo shows how designers can directly partition designs across embedded ARM® Cortex®-A9 processors and FPGA fabric in Altera SoC devices
- Industrial Ethernet--A single flexible Altera FPGA, leveraging IP developed by Altera and Softing Industrial Automation GmbH, demonstrating multiple industrial Ethernet protocols including the PROFIBUS master and slaves protocol
- Machine vision--High-performance machine vision applications in an Altera Cyclone V SoC, demonstrated by EBV Electronik, with IP from DreamChip
- Motion-control acceleration--A high-performance precision pick-and-place robotics system, enabled by motion control acceleration with an Altera Cyclone V SoC
- SIL3 functional safety solutions and IP--Demonstration of safety boards, reference designs and IP from NewTec and Yogitech for increasing safety and compliance
- Smallest form-factor FPGA drive-on-chip--A single Altera MAX 10 FPGA driving Altera's new Tandem Motion-Power 48V board performs power conversion and multi-axis motion control. Altera's MAX 10 family offers the only FPGAs with dual configuration, analog-to-digital converter (ADC), digital signal processing (DSP) and instant-on capability
About Altera Industrial Solutions
Altera helps customers revolutionize smart automation through its advanced silicon roadmap, cutting-edge tools, Enpirion® power management solutions, and a comprehensive ecosystem of partner solutions. To learn more about these solutions, visit www.altera.com/industrial.
Altera® programmable solutions enable designers of electronic systems to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGA, SoC, CPLD, and complementary technologies, such as power solutions to provide high-value solutions to customers worldwide. www.altera.com.
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, ENPIRION, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS and STRATIX words and logos are trademarks of Altera Corporation and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other words and logos identified as trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective holders as described at www.altera.com/legal.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/altera-to-exhibit-fpga-and-soc-solutions-for-industry-40-and-iot-at-sps-ipc-drives-2015-300179822.html
SOURCE Altera Corporation