Microsoft Offers Free Cybersecurity Tools as Attacks Become More Sophisticated
Following criticism of its handling of a major alleged Chinese hack that compromised US government email accounts, Microsoft announced that it will be providing free cybersecurity tools to certain government and commercial customers.
Starting in September, Microsoft’s cloud computing customers will have access to critical data without additional charges, aimed at helping them detect and respond to cyberattacks more effectively.
The move comes after cybersecurity officials expressed private frustration over Microsoft’s perceived lack of action in detecting the alleged Chinese cyber-espionage campaign, which targeted two-dozen organizations and became public last week. The State Department, having detected the cyber activity in June, reported it to Microsoft.
With data generation and storage on the rise, and global internet connectivity expanding rapidly, the attack surface for cybercriminals and nation state hackers has grown considerably. Gaps and vulnerabilities in systems provide ample opportunities for exploitation, and malicious actors are quick to take advantage.
Cyberattacks globally have risen by 7% in Q1 2023 compared to the same period last year, with companies encountering an average of 1,248 attacks weekly. The Canadian Centre for Cyber Security, led by Sami Khoury, has emphasized the rise and growing sophistication of ransomware attacks, urging stronger defenses.
Traditionally, ransomware attackers hijacked systems to demand money for access restoration. However, tactics have shifted towards data theft, leveraging the threat of release or sale of sensitive data. This change proves more profitable as companies improve their data recovery strategies.
Cybercrime has become Canada’s primary cybersecurity threat with notable Canadian organizations including Indigo, Sobeys, Suncor Energy Inc., and Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children being targeted.
The rise in cyberattacks underscores the urgent need for robust cybersecurity, meaning organizations and individuals alike must be vigilant and proactive in securing their systems and data to safeguard against potential threats.
Fortunately, cybersecurity companies are stepping up the plate with innovative solutions that have the potential to protect major companies and government agencies.
Plurilock Security Inc. (TSXV:PLUR) (OTC:PLCKF) is one company standing out in the space by leveraging behavior analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide cutting-edge least privilege cybersecurity solutions.
By analyzing individual behavior patterns, the company’s AI technology can identify and detect malicious activities within seconds, offering real-time protection against cyber threats.
A Leader in Advanced Continuous Authentication Technology
Plurilock Security’s unique AI-based cybersecurity solutions have attracted attention from governments and commercial clients. The AI system identifies harmful behavior in seconds, monitoring individual patterns for real-time security against cyber threats.
Plurilock AI comes in three versions. Plurilock AI Cloud ensures least privilege access management across a company’s cloud-based data, while Plurilock AI Cloud DLP extends this protection to employee workstations. Plurilock AI Complete integrates these with machine learning and behavioral biomimetic technologies.
On July 25, renowned global IT research and advisory firm Info-Tech Research Group ranked Plurilock AI as the top Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) software, outranking competitors like Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps, Prisma Cloud, Cisco Cloudlock, and Oracle Cloud Access Security Broker. Notably, Plurilock AI received accolades for its exceptional product features, high user satisfaction, and the impressive experience and capabilities offered by the vendor.
Plurilock‘s DEFEND continuous authentication product was also featured in a recent Omdia “On the Radar” report. The report highlights the capabilities of DEFEND, which seamlessly integrates with Amazon WorkSpaces and is designed to secure remote work sessions. Additionally, the report acknowledged the company’s single sign-on, data loss prevention, and cloud access security broker technology.
Plurilock has continued to sign new contracts and renew older ones, resulting in a 125% increase in first quarter revenue year-over-year, increasing from C$7 million up to $15.8 million. During Q1 alone, a total of 16 sale orders and contract renewals were announced for Plurilock’s core AI-driven technology offering, including cross-sell buy orders with two US financial institutions.
Featured Image @ Unsplash
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Plurilock Security Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Plurilock Security Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) seventy seven thousand two hundred USD for 16 days (11 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Plurilock Security Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Plurilock Security Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Plurilock Security Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Plurilock Security Inc. intends to offer; (e) Plurilock Security Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Plurilock Security Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Plurilock Security Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Plurilock Security Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Plurilock Security Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Plurilock Security Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Plurilock Security Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Plurilock Security Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Plurilock Security Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Plurilock Security Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Plurilock Security Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Plurilock Security Inc.’s business operations (e) Plurilock Security Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Plurilock Security Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Plurilock Security Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Plurilock Security Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Plurilock Security Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Plurilock Security Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Plurilock Security Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed