Herbalife Nutrition Announces $400 Million Investment in Key Digital Transformation Growth Initiative
Represents Largest Single Investment in Company’s History
Herbalife Nutrition, a premier global nutrition company, today announced Herbalife One, a new digital transformation initiative centered around launching a single platform that creates a simplified and integrated experience for distributors and their customers around the world. As a key driver for future growth objectives, the Herbalife One platform will be built around new technologies and streamlined processes, resulting in greater efficiencies and productivity.
“We are excited to announce the board’s approval to proceed with our new digital transformation platform, the largest single investment in the company’s history,” said John Agwunobi, Chairman and CEO of Herbalife Nutrition. “The design of this new seamless platform experience is a result of extensive collaboration with our distributors to identify a technology that will enable our future growth, by delivering a best-in-class digital experience for all distributors and their customers.”
The investment of over $400 million includes an incremental expenditure of up to $250 million over the next three years.
Herbalife One will be built using a modern and flexible architecture approach integrating deep data analytics and insights, increased performance, and high speed-to-market deployment of future updates. More than a dozen key digital enhancements to be implemented include new distributor sign-ups, onboarding and training, wellness content accessibility, new shopping tools, and new community coaching and support tools, among others.
About Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
Herbalife Nutrition (NYSE: HLF) is a global nutrition company that has been changing people's lives with great nutrition products and a business opportunity for its independent distributors since 1980. The Company offers science-backed products to consumers in 95 markets by entrepreneurial distributors who provide one-on-one coaching and a supportive community that inspires their customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle. Through the Company’s commitment to nourish people, communities and our planet, Herbalife Nutrition pledges to achieve 50 million positive impacts – tangible acts of good – by 2030, its 50th anniversary.
Herbalife Nutrition also encourages investors to visit its investor relations website at ir.herbalife.com as financial and other information is posted.
This release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in any of our forward-looking statements are reasonable, actual results or outcomes could differ materially from those projected or assumed in any of our forward-looking statements. Our future financial condition and results of operations, as well as any forward-looking statements, are subject to change and to inherent risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. Additionally, many of these risks and uncertainties are, and may continue to be, amplified by the COVID-19 pandemic. Important factors that could cause our actual results, performance and achievements, or industry results to differ materially from estimates or projections contained in or implied by our forward-looking statements include the following:
- the potential impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and current global economic conditions, including inflation, on us; our Members, customers, and supply chain; and the world economy;
- our ability to attract and retain Members;
- our relationship with, and our ability to influence the actions of, our Members;
- our noncompliance with, or improper action by our employees or Members in violation of, applicable U.S. and foreign laws, rules, and regulations;
- adverse publicity associated with our Company or the direct-selling industry, including our ability to comfort the marketplace and regulators regarding our compliance with applicable laws;
- changing consumer preferences and demands and evolving industry standards, including with respect to climate change, sustainability, and other environmental, social, and governance, or ESG, matters;
- the competitive nature of our business and industry;
- legal and regulatory matters, including regulatory actions concerning, or legal challenges to, our products or network marketing program and product liability claims;
- the Consent Order entered into with the FTC, the effects thereof and any failure to comply therewith;
- risks associated with operating internationally and in China;
- our ability to execute our growth and other strategic initiatives, including implementation of our transformation program and increased penetration of our existing markets;
- any material disruption to our business caused by natural disasters, other catastrophic events, acts of war or terrorism, including the war in Ukraine, cybersecurity incidents, pandemics, and/or other acts by third parties;
- our ability to adequately source ingredients, packaging materials, and other raw materials and manufacture and distribute our products;
- our reliance on our information technology infrastructure;
- noncompliance by us or our Members with any privacy laws, rules, or regulations or any security breach involving the misappropriation, loss, or other unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential information;
- contractual limitations on our ability to expand or change our direct-selling business model;
- the sufficiency of our trademarks and other intellectual property;
- product concentration;
- our reliance upon, or the loss or departure of any member of, our senior management team;
- restrictions imposed by covenants in the agreements governing our indebtedness;
- risks related to our convertible notes;
- changes in, and uncertainties relating to, the application of transfer pricing, income tax, customs duties, value added taxes, and other tax laws, treaties, and regulations, or their interpretation;
- our incorporation under the laws of the Cayman Islands; and
- share price volatility related to, among other things, speculative trading and certain traders shorting our common shares.
We do not undertake any obligation to update or release any revisions to any forward-looking statement or to report any events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as required by law.
Senior Director, Media Relations